Today is the seventh month for the 12 Months of Sensory Dough series!!
I did not know what to do for “Fizzy Dough”, but we made a volcano back in our Letter V Tot School, so I took the easy route and went with a good ol’ baking soda and vinegar chemical reaction. Check out the other awesome ideas, or link up your own, at the linky below!!
This activity was safe for both of my children, and I often try to make the ingredients “edible” but not always “delicious,” so they aren’t always eating sensory experiments!
Invitation to Play
John was less than thrilled by the cloud dough substance that I set out. I purposely made this activity simple. I added a beautiful lavender scent, with some lavender flowers and leaves and some sticks too. He was intrigued by the purple colored squirt bottles, so he stuck around.
His smile got huge when he began.
May was, also, very excited by the bubbles.
And it smelled lovely from the essential oil.
May played a bit after the bubbles ceased, but John was a bit upset that the “fun” was over.
lavender fizzy sensory dough recipe
This sensory dough is almost cloud dough. I added more oil than usual, so we could mold it into balls easily.
The ingredients include:
- one box baking soda
- about 2 cups flour (I always approximate)
- at least 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- a couple of drops of lavender essential oil
- fill squirt or spray bottles with vinegar (+ food coloring, if desired)
I stirred the ingredients in a bowl with my fingers. It smelled amazing :) This would work with any theme or oil (green peppermint, oranges, or with kool aid!) Have fun!
This post is a part of the Best of the Best Sensory Doughs: 12 Months of Sensory Dough! Every month, on the 12th of the month, we will be sharing a post on a different sensory dough. Check out our collaborative Sensory Dough Pinterest Board for tons of ideas!!
Here are the wonderful co-hosts:
Lemon Lime Adventures, Delightful Learning, Glittering Muffins, I Heart Crafty Things, Little Bins for Little Hands, Look! We’re Learning!, Natural Beach Living, Powerful Mothering, Still Playing School, The Eyes of a Boy, The Life of Jennifer Dawn
Do you have a post on Fizzy Sensory Dough that you’d like to share? Please link below! Please read the following guidelines before linking up:
- Share family-friendly posts related to the month’s theme. Feel free to link old or new posts that highlight your favorite recipes for sensory dough. Failures and unsuccessful attempts are welcome.
- We ask that no posts are linked with copy/paste recipes from other sources. If you use a recipe from another source, please link back to the original recipe.
- By linking up, you give permission to share your post and one photograph in future posts and through social media channels.
- The linky will remain open for two weeks. On the 12th of each month, all co-hosts will post a new dough with their spin, highlighting at least one post from the month before and pin each post to the 12 Months of Sensory Dough Board.