baby play: rolling a ball
This play idea is brought to you by Knoala – Raise Happier Kids. Knoala is a free app that offers activities for parents to enjoy with infants to preschoolers.
Free, easy, & age-appropriate activities at your fingertips
There are moments. When 3 1/2 year old John is hitting his sister with his pretend fly swatter and 18 month old May is crying because she was just hit and just wants me to hold her.
How to calm down the kids?
With a fun, intentional activity to break up the fussing and boredom. Enter the Knoala free app. This really is a wonderful invention. Hundreds of quick and easy ideas, according to your child’s age, just sitting there waiting for you! Our activity today was as simple as getting out a ball and rolling it.
We used the Pass the Ball Prompt. Super simple. And yet, in those tough, mama moments, who can think of a quick activity to calm the kids and me? An intentional activity to make your child feel loved — and to be engaged in gross motor play. We brought several balls out, rolled them back and forth, threw them, kicked them, and then my daughter began hugging all of the balls and didn’t want to share :)
My daughter loved sitting down across from me. She had my undivided attention. We rolled the ball back and forth. I crept farther and farther. She laughed so hard and kept crawling back towards me. Oh that sweet smile.
Such a simple activity, one which I probably wouldn’t have thought to do, but it is right at the click of a button.
“I need an idea.” “Why here it is!” Very. cool.
Not just for the boredom buster times, but when my preschooler son wants to have a “surprise!” activity that won’t take a lot of preparation.
These ideas are simple and at little to no cost or preparation. Perfect for the mom who wants to do things with their kids but can’t find the time to peruse through all the mommy blogs to find the right one. Knoala has it covered. Skills learned include: cognitive motor, artistic, sensory, gross motor, and most importantly, time spent together as family.
Seriously, get this app
If you liked this activity prompt, be sure to check out the Knoala free app for yourself! So many ideas for child play and enjoyment will be at your fingertips :)
More about Knoala
All content on Knoala are free, and always will be.
- Knoala offers thousands of fun & development-boosting activities for parents to enjoy with infants, toddlers and preschoolers. Based on your child’s age and local weather conditions, Knoala finds activities that are most suitable for you and your family.
- Bond with your child over games and crafts that foster artistic, cognitive, emotional, motor, sensory and language skills.
- Connect with thousand of parents to exchange ideas on how to keep your child happy and busy.
- Follow the hottest mom and dad bloggers for their expert advice on keeping your little ones entertained.
- With Knoala in hand, you never have to worry about your child feeling bored again.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” I only recommend products or services that I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”