The best (and easiest!) homemade bread
When you don’t have a lot of time to make delicious sourdough-y bread. (Who does?) This is the recipe for you.
1. Mix together:
- 12 oz warm water (1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon bread yeast
2. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
3. Now mix together:
- 1 lb flour (approx. 3 and 3/4 cups)
- 2 teaspoons salt
4. Mix the dry ingredients with the water and yeast. Add flour as necessary and knead into a nice ball. Keep in a cloth-covered bowl for at least 18 hours.
5. After it has risen, take out of the bowl and plop it onto a floured cutting board (using a spatula is best). Tuck it back into a ball. Let it rise, again, for another 1-2 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place your dutch oven pot inside. Plop dough into your hot pot. Cook with top on for 30 minutes. Take top off and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Cool on a bread rack.
The picture of your bread looks delicious! Thanks for sharing your post with us! I hope you join us again (yeah I know it’s a day late… linky issues) at Eco-Kids Tuesday!!